This RVS (Rabies Vector Species) training was developed for wildlife rehabilitators to comply with training requirements. This training is also suitable for veterinary staff, animal rescue workers, law enforcement, and anyone that is interested in working with animals or rabies vectors. It has been approved by the PA Game Commission and MD DNR for RVS training. However, anyone can join in that wants to learn more about rabies and rabies vectors.
Rabies vectors in PA are raccoons, skunks, foxes, ground hogs, coyotes and bats. They are more likely to contract rabies and other species of mammals.
May 13th, 2023 - 12:30 to 5:30 pm
2. Join us via Zoom link
3. Attend training
4. Take the exam if required for rehab.
5. Print and save certificate as proof you attended and passed the test with an 80%.
6. Any problems with the web site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What the Training Covers:
· Rabies as it relates to human health
· Rabies as it relates to animal health
· RVS protocols at a rehab center
· Which animals are/are not rabies vectors in PA
· How to determine if a wild animal baby needs help
· Signs of rabies and some case histories with video
Who Should Attend:
This RVS training was developed for wildlife rehabilitators to comply with training requirements. It has been approved by the PA Game Commission and MD DNR for RVS training. However, anyone who wants to learn more about rabies and rabies vectors can join in. This training is suitable for:
· Veterinary staff
· Animal rescue workers
· Law enforcement
· Anyone who is interested in working with animals or rabies vectors
Zoom – Live presentation. We will not be recording it. We offer this training once a year in the spring/summer and sometimes in the fall.
· If you have used Zoom before, please update your Zoom program just before the training and reboot your computer before signing in to get the best experience. To update Zoom, open Zoom, click on the menu in the upper right hand corner, click on update.
· If you have never used Zoom before click on the Zoom link a few minutes before the program and follow the prompts to download the software to your computer.
· Close all unnecessary programs and browser links. Zoom will work better.
· Questions? Email Robyn Graboski at email@example.com.
The RVS Training certificate does NOT license anyone to rehabilitate wildlife. You must have a permit to rehabilitate or possess wild animals from the appropriate state agency.
Sponsored by The Pennsylvania Rehabilitation and Education Council & PAWR.com
Training provided by PA Department of Health, PA Department of Agriculture and Centre Wildlife Care
Organized by Centre Wildlife Care – centrewildlifecare.org
Testing platform provided by: https://enviromeet.com/
Before bringing us any animals. We may ask you to take it to a different location.