About Us

A Winning Team


Who is CWC? 

CWC is run by volunteers and is funded solely by donations.  The director and founder, Robyn Graboski is a trained and Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator and has been rehabilitating wildlife since 1988.  Robyn is licensed by the Pennsylvania Game Commission, the Federal Fish and Wildlife Service, the Fish and Boat Commission and the USDA.

CWC is a home care organization with the primary facility in Port Matilda. CWC does offer opportunities for individuals to volunteer. Many of our volunteers are students from Penn State University that are majoring in Wildlife or Pre-vet. Volunteers can help in various ways. Some help with feeding, medications and cage cleaning. Some help by collecting donation of food, toweling and newspaper. Yet others help with administrative tasks and by transporting animals to the Veterinarian for medical care.

Local veterinarians (especially Animal Medical Hospital in State College) are generous enough to provide discounted services and supplies, for wildlife rehabilitation. This is quite a luxury for our organization and we are very thankful.  Many wildlife rehabilitators must pay full price for veterinary service.  This allows us to use our limited funds to provide a better service for the wildlife.



What is CWC?

Centre Wildlife Care (CWC ) is a 501c3, non-profit, tax-exempt, licensed organization dedicated to caring for injured, orphaned, sick and displaced wildlife for the purpose of releasing them back into the wild.  Professional care is provided to over 1500 mammals, birds and reptiles per year.  Wild animals are not only accepted from Centre County, but also surrounding counties, other areas of the state and other rehabilitators.  CWC also provides educational programs with live animals to the public.  CWC is an all volunteer organization, funded only by donations and receives NO funding from local, state or federal agencies.

What is wildlife rehabilitation?

Wildlife Rehabilitation is the process of caring for orphaned, injured, sick or displaced wild animals until they can be returned back into the wild. Their injuries are usually a result of human influence in some way (e.g. hit by car, construction, landscaping, cat/dog caught, shot, poisoned, etc.)

What is needed to become a wildlife rehabilitator?

First, proper permits are required. Both state and federal permits are required to handle wildlife. Pennsylvania requires individuals to submit an application and pass a test administered by the Pennsylvania Game Commission before they can become licensed.  If rehabilitators wish to work with birds, a federal permit is required because all native species of birds are protected under the Migratory Bird Species Act.  

Wildlife rehabilitators are required to keep detailed records on all rehabilitated animals. These records are submitted annually to state and federal agencies. In Pennsylvania, continuing education is required to maintain licensing as a wildlife rehabilitator.  In addition, rehabilitation facilities are subject to surprise inspections at any time by the PA Game Commission.

More about CWC

Isis the peregrine falcon

Animal Rescue...  

How are animals transported to CWC?

If you cannot catch or transport an animal, call Wildlife In Need (WIN) at 877-239-2097 to assist with wildlife rescue. 

Because CWC is a volunteer based organization, we usually cannot pick up animals.  We ask that the animals be transported to the rehabilitation facility or to our vet Animal Medical Hospital in State College.   Our care takers cannot leave the facility to pick up animals.  They are busy caring for the animals at the facility.

Never feed or water an animal that is compromised.  If you find a person hit by a car, you don't take them out to eat...you take them to the hospital.  An animal needs to be evaluated first and provided medical care and fluids before any food can be offered. 

What CWC is not

CWC is not an animal control agency and has no law enforcement or animal seizure jurisdiction.  CWC is not a care or adoption facility for domestic animals such as dogs and cats.  CWC is not a political activist organization and does not engage in efforts to change existing laws regarding hunting or animal rights issues.  CWC is not a pest removal service which requires a different permit.